|Posted on March 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM|
Originally published on Blogspot Aug 04, 2011
But not the painter!
Well, I got home from work and tackled the beastie that refused to cooperate.
I started off with a heavy body acrylic called Milky White and thinned it appropriately. That color alone helped add a lot of depth. Then I went over him again with a light gray, which also helped. But it still wasn't quite enough so I took some of the pre-mixed Vallejo Black Glaze and thinned it until it was only a weak smoky color. I applied that and it helped tremendously.
Then, doing my best not to make the same mistake twice, I began to apply the white highlight.
I only highlighted the left side (his left), the right is untouched and there's a definite difference.
Here's a close up for you.
I'm going to do the other side and start on the second lion.
I also promised that this blog would focus on my journey to GD 2012. Well, the first mini is on it's way to me. It should be here in a couple of days and I'll post what it is. So the journey will officially begin upon it's arrival (and I'm hoping to enter more than just one category so there will be others too).